CONTACT INFO

Pony Express Your E-Mails to Mike at: horseykrishna@yahoo.com






Wednesday, June 1, 2011

RIDERS WEST


Boy, I hate it when removing the price tag from a book defaces its cover.

I only have three Ernest Haycox books in my collection.  I haven’t read any of them yet, so I don’t really know what to expect here.

I do recall, though, being told by someone (not a writer) at one of the Western Writers of America conventions that he hated Ernest Haycox (as a writer, not a person) and was trying to convince editors there not to publish his stuff.  Everyone who heard him say this thought it was a shabby thing to do, so the man quit coming to the conventions.  As a result, the people there who wanted to strangle him for doing that did not themselves become killers.  Let’s call that a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment