CONTACT INFO

Pony Express Your E-Mails to Mike at: horseykrishna@yahoo.com






Thursday, June 9, 2011

SIDEWINDERS: DEADWOOD GULCH

A new (to me) series from William & J. A. Johnstone. 

I just got this one today, so I haven't been able to crack into it yet.  Pinnacle Books has done its usual nice packaging job here. 

The protagonists here are Scratch Morton and Bo Creel.  These boys are guarding a gold shipment to keep this one from slipping away like past ones have. 

There are always dead folks left at the scenes of the crimes, all of them bearing pitchfork marks, a sign of the "Devils of Deadwood" robber gang.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that these pitchfork fellas aren't just bored choirboys, but then neither, I imagine, are Scratch and Bo. 

Always happy to see another title in the Johnstone catalog and that J. A. is keeping Bill Johnstone's legacy alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment