CONTACT INFO

Pony Express Your E-Mails to Mike at: horseykrishna@yahoo.com






Wednesday, September 21, 2011

BAR-20 DAYS


Ever since I started reading Westerns in my late teens, I’ve been interested in just where it was they came from.  How did they start as a publishing phenomenon and how far were we removed from the time they first appeared?  Well, it didn’t start with fellows like Clarence Mulford, but he was among those who “shepherded” these stories into what would become the litmus test for Westerns of the 1950’s on up. 

Think I’ve only read two of the Hopalong books; one by Mulford, the other by Louis L’Amour.  Here we have one of several that I picked up somewhere along the way.  When I read that Richard Wheeler was a Mulford fan, I knew I should be picking these up when and wherever I found them.  Good thing I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment